home office goes from drab & dreary to bright & cheery

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

If you’re a visual person, like me, then it’s hard to get down to business in a home office that’s dreary and uninspiring. Your office should be a reflection of you, so you can get to work in a comfortable and motivating environment. My lovely, upbeat, hardworking client used this hallway walk-in closet as a home office for 18 years!
Suffice it to say that there was nothing about my bright, cheerful, put-together client that was mirrored by her office. Our goal was to brighten and lighten the space (but you probably figured that already!). Wallpaper was our jumping off point because we couldn’t remove the paper that was there before. My client has very traditional tastes, and I wanted to honor that, but get her out of her comfort zone just a tad. A simple, clean and graphic pattern was what I had in mind. I was so excited when she said yes to this one.

{Seabrook Wallpaper 21273}
It’s pretty, feminine, bright, fresh; everything her prior office was not! We freshened the desktop and shelves with white paint, and added some office and media cabinetry from Pottery Barn and a sleek desk chair from Crate & Barrel. Now the office is so fresh and lovely I want to work here!
Doesn’t it look so much bigger? Here’s another shot where you can see how my client continued the pink and white color scheme with these cute boxes and magazine files she found on One Kings Lane for organizing her paper work and photos.
To give her eyes a rest from the pattern, I put together a gallery of some of her favorite artwork from around the house, and ta da! She can start off the new year inspired by her surroundings.house, and ta da! She can start off the new year inspired by her surroundings.


If you want to truly love where you live, please contact me about design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment