get the rug right

Monday, October 8, 2012

Many designers start with the rug, and work their way up in a room. The rug can define the palette, or calm it down. It can provide presence with texture without adding much color at all.

I think it’s okay to think of your rug as an investment piece, much like art, if you know you’re going for quality and longevity. But you also have to consider how it’s being used. If it’s going to serve as your runner by the front door, spare the expense and get a hip indoor/outdoor rug like this one.

Always a sucker for the chevron lately. Will I love it as much in five years? I’m not sure, but at this price I know I’ll be happy for at least three! Lately, I’m loving the look of a simple graphic pattern with a workable palette…





Source: surya.com via Lisa on Pinterest

For a recent family room makeover, we’ve selected this rug. It’s providing us with the most beautiful palette inspiration for the rest of the room. I’m excited to see how it all comes together.
Source: surya.com via Lisa on Pinterest

What are your thoughts on rugs? Do you like to play it safe? Would you pony up for a real gem? I’d love to know…


If you want to truly love where you live, please contact me about design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment