Nightstand Roundup

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A nightstand truly is one of the creature comforts of modern living. It's the perfect furniture piece to collect many of your most meaningful and useful tools and trinkets. Did you know that the first nightstands were used to house (or hide!) your chamber pot? Thank goodness for indoor plumbing!

For a bedroom that gets everyday use, I recommend a nightstand with at least one drawer, so you can quickly swoop everything inside when company's coming. In a master bedroom, each sleeper needs his/her own space, but I don't think the nightstands always need to match. The room works below because the nightstands both have similar finishes and are the same height, so that the lamps and mirrors give the room a symmetrical look.


For the room below, the height is slightly off, but the color and finish of the nightstands work well together, and the matching lamps framed by the windows, pull the look off nicely.


If you're in the market for a nightstand to ease the transition into a good night's sleep, here are a few of my favorites.

{mid-century nightstand from west elm}
 For price, size and function, this mid-century nightstand from West Elm has it all.  It's got a lightweight look, clean lines and 2 drawers for easy access storage.

{park mirrored bedside table from pottery barn}
 I love the glamorous form and function of this beauty.



{zinc nightstand from restoration hardware}
 This nightstand is working the industrial chic vibe.  Bachelor pad? Teenage lair? Ladies, beware!



{tray bien from caracole}
This elegant beauty is from one of my favorite to the trade lines, and it's just so gorgeously detailed and walks the fine line between gender bias.
{portia from mitchell gold & bob williams}

Drawer pulls on this luxury number come in 2 finishes, and the sides reveal a signature red lacquer finish. Sexy!
{south seas side cart from serena & lily}
If I had a beach house, I'd want this cart for my nightstand. I love it's texture, and happy vibe.

{atwood nightstand from crate & barrel}

And for my house in the mountains, I'd choose this guy. He's got just enough rough and tumble, but still stays in line (like a good dog, or husband!)

If you'd like some help choosing the nightstand that suits you best, please contact me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment